Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yummy!!!

Bacon. Need I say more?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, I’ll post more than that. But, really, Bacon is such a self-explanatory bucket of goodness that I really don’t need to say anything else. Last night, we made English Muffin Sandwiches (toasted English muffins with Bacon, Egg and Cheese on them). So yummy. I found a great way to cook bacon and I’m gonna start swearing by it!

Cook your bacon in the oven! (Not a new concept for everyone. I’m sure there are some people that have done this for years. But, it was a new concept for me). I love the smell of bacon, but I hate having to cook it, standing over the stove top for a while. And especially when we make Bacon on sandwiches or something that we need them to be FLAT for, it just takes a while cooking them on a griddle. And I hate cleaning up the mess. So, I tried it in the oven and it worked great. Found instructions online:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet (one with sides) with a couple of sheets of foil.
Lay bacon side by side on the sheet. I can easily do 8-10 pieces at once.
Place in preheated oven on the middle rack, and cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it. Remember, they get a bit harder as they cool.)

That’s it!!! When you’re done, you simply throw the foil away. No clean up. It rocks!

Just thought I’d share. (And make you all hungry since you’re now dreaming about bacon…)

6 comments:

  1. I'm seriously going to try this ASAP, maybe tonight. I too love bacon. Just reading the word bacon makes me salivate. THank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that actually is a new concept for me. And, I hate standing over bacon on the stove getting burned by popping oil too--so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe's comment is funny, as I read your blog I thought Joe would be salivating. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth was watering as well! Ya gotta love Bacon (with a capital B). Whoever doesn't must have issues with their taste buds or something. Or maybe WE all do! I posted a link to your soap box on my family blog. Let me know if you don't want it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try again...I'm just a little slow. Baked Bacon is the BOMB!!!! Tried it this weekend and it was superb! Just wish all the cholesterol could be baked out as well. But, surely it's more healthy than frying! I'm going to try next time to put a cookie rack on top of the cookie sheet to keep the bacon from swimming in grese. It might work. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete